Me and My Tree - Day One

Me and My Tree - Day One

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Poodle Tree Experiment - Day One

For the longest time I have seen those really cool trees that people have with the funny branches and wierd bunches of leaves or needles, and I have always wanted one! After doing some research I found out they were called Poodle Trees, and were very expensive to buy. So, with some advice from my friend Josh at the Pleasant Hill Nursery, I decided to take on the challenge of creating my own Poodle Tree. This is a long term project, three to five years I'm told, and so I'm in it for the long haul.

I know that alot of people see blogging as sort of self serving dribble, but my real intent is to get some help with my project. I'm hoping that someone that has already created a poodle tree will find me and offer some advice, because I plan to have plenty of questions! Feel free to let me know what I'm doing right, or wrong, and how things went with your tree. So, here we go.......

3 comments:

  1. This is fantastic Walt! So proud of you and can't wait to see this tree take shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This should be easy.
    1) Look at your tree
    2) Cut off all the parts that DON'T look like a poodle,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Walter!
    For those of us that are not in the "PoodleTree Community", how about posting a picture or sketch of what this is supposed to look like at completion in 5 years?

    ReplyDelete