Me and My Tree - Day One

Me and My Tree - Day One

Friday, April 3, 2015

Oh no... the bugs are back!

Just looking out the window today watching the rain and I thought the tree looks a little stressed. Some of the needles getting brown and falling off. I put on a raincoat and went out to check and found those pesky European Pine Sawfly larvae were back! Not as bad as when I caught them last year, but enough to certainly annoy me and do some damage to the tree. Luckily the rain stopped and I was able to get out the spray I used last summer to give them a shower. I know, I know. I shouldn't be using chemicals, bad for the environment.... blah.... blah.... blah. Normally I would agree, but these were desperate times and needed extreme measures. We can't afford to lose another year to those gross bugs. Before I sprayed I cut some of the branches off and tossed them, with all the caterpillars, into the chicken coop next door. Take that you stupid bugs. The one bad thing about this is now I have this weird itchy feeling like something is crawling on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment